Using an HDMI cable is the simplest method to connect a Chromebook to a TV or monitor. However, it’s not the only option that can work. You can still wirelessly link your Chromebook to the TV. The benefits of going wireless are also rather evident.
Since your Chromebook can connect wirelessly to the TV, there is no need to keep it next to it or need a wire to connect to it. So, here’s how to wirelessly connect a Chromebook to a TV.
In This Article
How to Connect Chromebook to your TV Without HDMI
Ensure that your Chromebook has an HDMI port before continuing. Check the Chromebook’s available ports before purchasing an appropriate adapter, such as a USB-C to HDMI, USB-A to HDMI, or mini-HDMI to HDMI.
Unlike other conventional computers, the Chromebook has a Display connection built-in, so you don’t have to worry about dealing with drivers, etc. To begin mirroring, just connect the devices, go to Settings > Device > Display, and choose Mirror built-in display.
DON’T MISS: HOW TO CONNECT A PHONE TO TV WITHOUT HDMI CORD (FULL GUIDE)
For Chromecast, Google TV, and Android TV
If your TV is compatible with Chromecast, you can start mirroring your display right away using the built-in Chromecast feature on your Chromebook. Here’s how to go about it.
1. Launch the Chrome browser on your Chromebook and click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Choose the Cast option from the list in this section.
3. A little pop-up window with the nearby Chromecast devices will appear. To connect your Chromebook to the TV, just click on the TV.
4. Before choosing the TV to share just that, click the Sources dropdown menu to decide whether you want to Cast tab, Cast desktop, or Cast file.
5. To simplify the procedure the next time, right-click on the Chromecast logo at the top of the pop-up window and choose cast immediately from the three-dot menu that appears.
6. Next, choose the Always display icon check box.
7. By doing this, the cast icon will always be at the top of your browser, making it simple for you to access.
Although not all TVs are compatible with Chromecast, if you are using an Android TV, Google TV, or even a Chromecast, you should be OK.
Using a Chromebook to access a Fire TV
Although Chromecast is officially supported by Fire TV, the procedure is more complicated than it is with Android or Google TV. How to link a Chromebook to a Fire TV is outlined here.
1. From the main page, choose Fire TV Settings to launch screen mirroring.
2. Choose the Display and Sounds option from the options page.
3. Next, choose Enable Display Mirroring to start screen mirroring from other devices. A waiting page will then appear. You will have to start again if you leave this page right now.
4. Select the TV using the three-dot menu on your Chromebook’s Cast option, exactly as you would with Chromecast.
5. That’s all; your Chromebook screen will now appear on your TV.
The only thing separating Android TV from Fire TV is the inability to mirror on the Fire TV without first turning on the display mirroring feature.
DON’T MISS: HOW TO CONNECT CHROMEBOOK TO A MONITOR FOR DUAL DISPLAY
As for other options such as Roku, Samsung Tizen, LG Web, etc
Chromecast won’t function if you are using a TV that isn’t an Android or Fire TV device. Despite Chromecast capability, LG TV can only stream media from YouTube.
Purchasing a Chromecast, which is less expensive than Android TV or Fire TV stick, is one of the simplest solutions. Simply connect Chromecast to the HDMI connection on your TV and begin using the Cast option to mirror the Chromebook’s display on the TV as we did previously.
Wirelessly connect a Chromebook to a TV
Use your existing Android TV, Google TV, Fire TV, or Chromecast device if you have one. However, if you want one, you should think about getting one with HDMI. In addition to mirroring your Chromebook, you may use the TV as an additional display.