Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Brave, competitors, haven’t sufficiently dented Google Chrome’s appeal. However, since Google Chrome is so resource-hungry, your computer or Mac can wind up with less RAM.
It may be necessary to bring your online bookmarks with you if you decide to switch from Google Chrome to another browser.
Aside from creating viewing & editing bookmarks, you can also export your Google Chrome bookmarks to other web browsers. Here’s how.
DON’T MISS: 8 BEST GOOGLE CHROME THEMES YOU WILL LOVE
In This Article
How to Export Bookmarks from Google Chrome
Your favourite websites can always be manually added in the browser of your choice. But the procedure takes a long time and is exhausting. As an alternative, bookmarks from Google Chrome can be simply exported and imported into other browsers.
We shall discuss the Microsoft Edge and Brave browsers in the example below. Because both browsers are Chromium-based, adding all of your Google Chrome extensions to them won’t be a problem.
There could be one or two crucial Chrome extensions that aren’t supported by Firefox or Safari, but this won’t be the case with Chromium-based browsers.
Exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks File
We will first demonstrate how to export bookmarks from Google Chrome to an HTML file and import them into another browser. The steps are listed below.
1. Launch Chrome on your computer or laptop.
2. Expand the Bookmarks menu by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner.
3. Launch the bookmarks manager.
4. All of your Chrome bookmarks with folders should be visible.
5. Choose Export bookmarks from the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
6. When Chrome creates an HTML file, it saves it to your computer (PC or Mac).
The Google Chrome bookmarks have been successfully exported to an HTML file on your PC. It’s time to import bookmarks into your preferred alternative to Google Chrome.
Importing Google Chrome Bookmarks in Microsoft Edge
You should put Microsoft Edge at the top of your list of Chrome’s competitors. It is based on Chromium, comes pre-installed on Windows, and contains cutting-edge features including Sleep tabs, vertical tabs, several theming engines, and more.
To import bookmarks from Google Chrome to the Microsoft Edge browser, follow the instructions listed below.
1. On a Mac or PC, launch Microsoft Edge.
2. Go to Settings by clicking the three dots at the top of the screen.
3. Choose Import browser data from the Profile menu.
4. Choose Select What to Import.
5. If you have Google Chrome installed on your computer, you will have the opportunity to import all of your bookmarks, saved passwords, personal and financial information, payment information, history, open tabs, and extension data. You can import chosen data by clicking the Import button.
6. As an alternative, you can pick Favorites or Bookmarks HTML file from the Import From option at the top.
7. Select the HTML file you exported to the computer, and Microsoft Edge’s Google Chrome bookmarks are now functional.
DON’T MISS: 5 BEST VPN EXTENSIONS FOR CHROME (TESTED AND SECURE)
Import bookmarks from Google Chrome to Brave
For individuals who value security and privacy more than a broad list of features, Brave may be the best choice. It works well with Chrome extensions since it is a Chromium-based browser.
To import Google Chrome bookmarks into the Brave browser, follow these steps.
1. Launch Brave and choose the hamburger menu.
2. Select the Bookmarks menu and select Import Bookmarks and Settings.
3. From the drop-down option, choose Google Chrome, then click Import Selected Data.
4. Choosing the Bookmarks HTML file and importing the file from your PC are further options.
All of your Google Chrome bookmarks will appear in the Brave browser in less than a minute.
DON’T MISS: HOW TO REDIRECT WINDOWS 11 WIDGETS FROM EDGE TO CHROME
FAQ about exporting bookmarks from Google Chrome
Can You Export Bookmarks from Google Chrome Mobile Apps?
Not at all. Neither the Google Chrome iPhone nor Android applications support exporting Google Chrome bookmarks.
Can the Safari browser import bookmarks from Google Chrome?
Users can quickly import Google Chrome bookmarks in the Safari web browser on a Mac by choosing File > Import From from the menu. But be ready to be let down by Safari’s limited selection of extensions.
Backup bookmarks for Google Chrome
It’s really simple to move away from the Chrome environment when there are so many fast and feature-rich Google Chrome browser competitors available. Be careful not to leave your Google Chrome bookmarks behind. To export bookmarks from the Google Chrome browser, follow the outlined steps above.