Ads in games and apps can get irritating, especially when they keep interrupting your activity. This is why it’s needful to sometimes block ads on android games.
You can get free software, free services, and free content from a lot of websites and applications because someone else is paying to keep them running.
As a result, for the service provider to stay in business and continue to improve, they must provide you with advertisements. You benefit from using the product for no cost as the user.
However, occasionally the ad placements might be irksome, which negatively affects the user experience. In this article, we’ll examine how to prevent Android advertising from appearing.
You can choose to only allow advertising to appear on browsers or in applications and games.
These techniques might be effective on both rooted and non-rooted devices. It will be stated for each technique. You will need a file manager, such as Astro File Manager before we can start. The same applies to any other file manager.
Disclaimer: Only try ad blocking at your own risk. Any consequences that these techniques may have on your device are not under our control.
In This Article
Adblock plus method
This technique use ad-blocking software (apps) to stop all adverts on your device, including those that are displayed in different apps and games. Ad-blockers are widely available on Android, thanks to the platform’s expanding community of developers. The top two are Adblock Plus (ABP) and AdAway. We’ll talk about ABP, but you can also install AdAway if you prefer.
How to use Adblock plus
Since Adblock Plus is an open-source project and offers the option to accept non-intrusive adverts, we’ve decided to use it. Both rooted and non-rooted devices can use this method. Your device needs to be set to allow applications from unknown sources to install an ad-blocker program.
Due to Google’s removal of ad-blocking apps from the Google Play Store, sideloading is necessary. Ad-blockers must be sideloaded, or installed through an APK file rather than the Google Play Store.
To configure this setting, follow the steps below:
On your Android device, go to Settings > Applications (or Security on 4.0 and higher).
Go to the Unknown sources menu selection.
Check the box if it’s not already ticked, then tap OK on the confirmation pop-up.
You can now install ad-blockers on your Android device.
How to configure Adblock plus
1. Launch your device’s browser and install Adblock Plus for Android. You will download the Adblock plus android-version.apk APK file to your smartphone.
2. Locate the location where your downloaded files are stored, tap the file, and complete the installation. (If using a file manager to open the APK file, choose Open App Manager and then click Install.)
3.1 For rooted devices, launch Adblock Plus after installation. It will ask to be given superuser privileges. Give Adblock Plus superuser permissions, and you’re ready to go.
3.2 For non-rooted devices, you’ll need to do a few extra steps to manually configure your Android proxy server. You must follow the steps here because they differ for Android versions up to 3.1 and 4.0+.
Adblock plus web browser extension
Additionally, Firefox has a plugin for Adblock Plus. With this approach, just the adverts displayed on browser-generated web pages are disabled. Games or apps’ advertisements are unaffected. Both rooted and non-rooted devices can use this technique.
Setting up the extension
2. Restart Firefox to enjoy ad-free browsing. By selecting Menu > Adblock Plus and browsing the available choices, you can customize more settings in Adblock Plus.
Block Ads with ‘hosts’ file
This technique blocks adverts by using the “hosts” file. This technique bans all advertisements on your smartphone, including those displayed in different apps and games. This technique only functions on rooted devices.
What is ‘hosts’ file?
An operating system’s “hosts” file is a plain-text file that maps hostnames (such as anything.com) to their IP addresses. Every time you attempt to open a website using its hostname, the operating system will typically first look up the appropriate IP address in the “hosts” file.
If the search is successful, the mapped IP address of the hostname is utilized; if not, a DNS (Domain Name Service) query is sent to retrieve the hostname’s IP address.
How to setup ‘hosts’ file
1. On the computer, launch your browser and go to MVPS (or pgl.yoyo.org or hostfile.mine.nu). A page in plain text will appear. Save this page on your computer under the name hosts.
2. Transfer this host’s file from your computer to your Android device using Bluetooth or a USB connection. Write down the file path.
3. On your Android device, launch the file manager, copy the hosts file to /etc or /system/etc, and then close the file manager. You might need to provide the file manager “superuser permissions” to access this place.
4. Add a.txt or .bak extension to the original hosts’ file, if one exists. Put the host file you saved here. Your Android will no longer include ads after a reboot.
The bottom line on how to block ads in android games
Ads can be frustrating, but they’re also a useful opportunity to test out new websites, products, and apps. Allowing non-intrusive adverts is one approach to using advertising to discover these fresh, occasionally excellent apps.
As an alternative, many apps provide you with the choice to purchase an ad-free version of the program, allowing you to support your favourite apps without having to deal with their annoying advertisements.