Nearly all contemporary devices, including Chromebooks, support many languages. You’ve come to the correct spot whether you’re looking to learn a new language, brush up on your multilingual abilities, or change the language on your Chromebook.
In this post, we’ll go through a simple method for changing the language that appears on your device. Without further ado, let’s get started.
DON’T MISS: HOW TO CONVERT PDFS, DOCS, AND SLIDES TO GOOGLE FORMS
6 Simple steps to change your Chromebook language
The next several stages will determine where it goes from here.
1) Start by visiting your “Settings.” This can be discovered by looking at the Launcher or using your “Status Bar” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
2) After selecting “Settings,” choose “Advanced” by clicking on the dropdown arrow next to it. This will make a ton more parameters available for adjustment.
3) Select “Languages and inputs” as additional options will now display as a result.
4) After clicking, you’ll be sent to a page with options for the language and the keyboard you use to enter instructions and keywords. To proceed, choose “Languages.”
5) The last action is to choose “Change.” This is available immediately next to the “Device language” tab.
6) As you go, a list including every language that Google officially supports will emerge. There are numerous choices, so you can be sure to find the language you’re searching for. Select it, then click “Confirm and restart.”
Your gadget will automatically reboot once you hit that button, which causes it to turn off. By the time that takes place, your Chromebook will have the new language applied and will work just like you intended.
You can fiddle about with “Web content languages” and “Translation recommendations” in addition to setting the language. The latter is a toggle that enables you to translate any websites that don’t support the language of your device.
The “Web content languages” preference option, on the other hand, allows you to access websites just in the languages you choose. The requirement is that these websites must formally support many languages.