When you know the name of the thing you’re looking for, Google Search is incredibly helpful. However, what if you don’t know it, such as the names of any objects, flowers, or structures? In this situation, only Google Lens can help!
You can get a lot of information about items close to you using the camera on your phone.
In this post, we’ll show you how to install Google Lens on any phone, including your phone, if you haven’t already done so.
Although Google Lens was once a “Pixel-exclusive” feature, it is now practically available on all smartphones, including Android and iPhone models.
To increase accessibility, Google Lens has been further incorporated into many apps, including Photos, Chrome, Assistant, Camera app, Google Images, and others.
DON’T MISS: HOW TO USE GOOGLE LENS OCR TEXT TOOL ON DESKTOP (FULL GUIDE)
In This Article
What Is Google Lens?
Google Lens is a tool for visual analysis. It effectively transforms the camera on your phone into a smart camera. As a result, the Google Lens app can instantly scan objects and deliver pertinent information about them.
Consider it to be like a visual search engine. For instance, you might use the Google Lens app to identify the breed of a dog by scanning it. Or you could go through a restaurant’s reviews by simply scanning them.
Additionally, the tool can scan text and numbers, store them on your mobile, and even carry out certain operations.
For instance, Google Lens can instantly identify names, phone numbers, and email addresses if you scan a business card.
Instead of putting all that tedious information in, you can choose to store it all as a new contact on your cellphone with just one click.
DON’T MISS: 17 PHONE OVERHEATING FIX THAT WORKS (EASY GUIDE)
How does Google Lens work?
The purpose of Google Lens is to instantly provide consumers with relevant details about an item. By doing this, the user can avoid the inconvenience of opening a browser, going to a search engine, and manually inputting a search query.
Some of the ways you can use Google Lens are described on the official Google Blog:
1. Save contact information from business cards, visit websites, make calls, and find addresses.
2. With your Assistant at your side, you can navigate a new city like an expert while identifying locations and discovering their stories.
3. Discover more about a movie directly from the poster, including the trailer and reviews. You can get a book’s rating and a summary by searching for it.
Learn about artists and more by easily searching them up. Even events like the premiere of a movie or the inauguration of a gallery can be added directly to your calendar using Google Lens.
4. Use your Assistant to quickly seek items by barcode or to quickly scan QR codes.
In short, Google Lens has the power to transform the camera on your smartphone into a multitasking intelligent assistant.
It can automate tedious procedures and obtain relevant information. It’s logical to assume that Google Lens will have more features and will keep getting updates.
DON’T MISS: PHONE OVERHEATING WHEN PLAYING GAMES? [8 EASY WAYS TO FIX IT]
How to install Google Lens
Installing the Google Lens app for Android and IOS is easy and can be done in a few simple and similar steps.
- First, open your phone app store – Play Store on android, and App Store on IOS.
- Go to the search bar and search for “Google Lens. “
- Click on the app and install it.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Then go to your phone app drawer and launch the Google Lens app.
How to use Google Lens
On your phone, Google Lens can be accessed and used in a variety of ways. However, you’ll probably want to use it to find out information about items in images you’ve previously shot (through Google Photos) or to use your camera app to find out information about your surroundings in real-time.
The instructions in both iOS and Android applications are quite similar.
When using the Google Photos app, you can use Google Lens to find out additional information about the items in your saved pictures and screenshots.
Make sure Google Photos is up to date and has access to your media files on your smartphone before doing this. then follow the instructions below.
DON’T MISS: HOW TO SCREENSHOT WITHOUT THE POWER AND VOLUME BUTTON
Use Google Lens on saved images
- On your smartphone, launch the Google Photos application.
- Your phone’s picture library is fully shown in the app’s timeline. Open the picture that contains the thing you want to use Google Lens to examine.
- At the bottom of the screen, click the Lens symbol.
- Your picture’s description, visual matches from the search engine, and many choices that let you translate any writing that was discovered on the image, comparable things for sale online, and more can all be found underneath the image.
- To find out additional information about the items you photographed, you can pick various subjects and parts of the picture.
Use Google Lens with Camera
To learn about the things and places around you, you can also use Google Lens in real-time mode with your camera app.
Make sure your smartphone is running the most recent Google app version before anything else. then stick to the directions below.
- Select the Google Lens symbol next to the microphone icon in the Google app or on your Android device’s search bar.
- Give Google access to your device’s media and images on the first usage.
- Your camera will then change into the Google Lens interface.
- Learn more about the things and locations around you by scanning your environment. Over the things that Google Lens identifies, bubbles will appear.
- To get visual matches and additional details about the things on Google, choose various areas to search.
DON’T MISS: HOW TO SCAN YOUR ANDROID PHONE FOR VIRUS AND FIX IT (EASY METHOD)
How to get Google Lens on any phone
If your phone is an Android, Google Lens can be found almost anywhere. You can use your phone’s Camera app, Google app, Photos app, Lens app, Assistant, Chrome, or any other program to access this useful tool.
Make sure you have the most recent Google app before that, though. With that, even without the Lens app, you can access Google Lens anywhere.
Additionally, to use Lens on an iPhone, you must download the official Google app (We’ve outlined the steps earlier in this guide).
Get the Google Lens app from the Play Store if they did not include the functionality in your Camera app. It also works similarly to the camera app.
You can share an image with the Google Lens app from anywhere, which is one advantage. That might be helpful, for example, if you need to click a link that is printed on an image on WhatsApp.
- After installing, launch the Lens app, and then give the Camera permissions.
- Next, aim your camera at the subject of your interest.
- To learn more about the thing, touch it in the viewfinder after that.
- Additionally, you can download the Google Lens APK file from APK Mirror and manually install it if you don’t have access to the Play Store.
So, if you can’t find Google Lens in Play Store, here are other ways to access it on any phone.
DON’T MISS: HOW TO UNLOCK YOUR ANDROID PHONE IF YOU’VE FORGOTTEN YOUR PASSCODE
Get Google Lens with Google Assistant
Your Google Assistant can also use Lens to find out details about nearby things. You just need to call Google Assistant and touch the Google Lens icon in the lower-right corner if you are already acquainted with it. This is how:
- Locate the Lens symbol below the screen and press it.
- Tap an item to learn more about it after pointing your camera at it.
Get Google Lens with Google Chrome
While using Chrome to browse the web, you can quickly use Google Lens to find out additional information about every item (picture) you come across.
Additionally, you don’t have to email it somewhere or take a screenshot of it. With Google Lens Chrome, you can just scan the picture immediately.
This is how:
- On Google Chrome, look for an object (image) you want to investigate.
- Long-press the Google Lens search button.
- You can learn more about the picture there after being referred by Google Lens.
DON’T MISS: HOW TO UNLOCK ANY ANDROID PHONE AND USE ANY SIM
Use Image Search
Any phone with image search can also use Google Lens. You can access this by using the Images tab on Google search or by visiting images.google.com on a mobile or tablet browser.
If you’re looking for anything similar to a photo on Google, Lens can assist. Here’s how:
- Use a mobile browser to access google.com or click the Images tab in Google Search.
- Search for a picture now, then choose one from the search results by tapping it.
- Next, click or press the Google Lens button in the image’s upper right corner.
- To view a similar result, tap a part of the picture.
Also, Google lens can quickly translate text to over 100 languages available in Google Translate.