Aside from recording and posting a normal video on TikTok, you can also remix and reuse other people’s videos in different ways, especially to Duet them.
In a TikTok Duet, you get to create your version of original content (video), and both videos will play at the same time on a split-screen.
Another way you can reuse an original video on TikTok is to Stitch them. Stitching a TikTok video allows you to incorporate a portion of someone’s videos into yours, yet it’s quite different from a Duet.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to Stitch a TikTok video, and how to manage your Stitch settings on TikTok.
In This Article
What Is a Stitch on TikTok?
A TikTok Stitch is a clip taken from someone else’s TikTok video and incorporated into your video.
In short, it’s simply taking some part of an original video on TikTok, and integrating it into your video. It’s important to mention that a TikTok Stitch cannot be more than 5 seconds.
Also, not all videos on TikTok can be Stitched, all thanks to TikTok’s privacy settings. This setting allows creators to turn off or on Stitch for certain videos or all their videos.
When a video’s Stitch button is inactive, it means the owner doesn’t want you to Stitch the video.
When you Stitch a video on TikTok, it will attribute the source in the caption of your Stitched version. Technically, the caption’s attribution links back to the source of the video.
You must also have a public account for other people to Stitch your videos. That being said, let’s get to how to Stitch on TikTok.
How to Stitch a Video on TikTok
Creating a Stitch video on TikTok is simple and can be done in a few easy steps. Here’s how to Stitch a video on TikTok:
- Open the TikTok app on your mobile device.
- Go to the video you want to Stitch and click on the arrow (Share) icon.
- Scroll left on the bottom toolbar, click on Stitch and wait for the video to load.
- In case this is your first Stitch, a message will show up on the screen. Tap Try it.
- By default, 5 seconds of the video will be selected, and you can easily drag the frame right or left to minimize the duration, or you can leave it as is.
- Click on Next in the top-right corner and wait for the video to process.
- Hit the red video capture button to start recording your video. You have about 3 minutes to record. You can click on the red checkmark to stop recording at any time.
- Click on Next.
- Check your Post settings like people to tag in your video, people allowed to watch the video, whether to allow Duet or Stitch and lots more.
- You can click on any of the social media icons to share your video after posting it on TikTok.
- Hit Post when you’re done.
When playing back your video, the part of the Stitched video will play first, then the video you recorded will play immediately after.
How to Manage Your TikTok Stitch Settings
TikTok allows users to manage their Stitch settings for some videos or all of their videos. With this, users can easily allow or disallow Stitching on their videos.
Manage Stitch Settings For a New Video
Here’s how to manage your Stitch settings before uploading a new video:
- Record your TikTok video normally.
- Click on Next.
- Turn off or on the Allow Stitch switch in the Post settings.
Manage Stitch Settings For an Existing Video
Here’s how to manage your Stitch settings for an existing video you already uploaded:
- Find and open an existing video.
- Click on the three dots icon or the Share (Arrow) icon.
- Swipe left and click on Privacy settings.
- Toggle on or off the Allow Stitch switch.
Manage Stitch Settings For All Your TikTok Videos
Here’s how to manage the Stitch settings for all your TikTok videos:
- Go to your Profile in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select the hamburger menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Hit the Settings and privacy.
- Click on Privacy.
- Scroll down and select Stitch.
- Choose who can Stitch your videos from the options— Everyone, Followers that you follow back, or Only me.
DON’T MISS: CAN’T SAVE A TIKTOK VIDEO FROM THE APP? USE THESE TWO METHODS
Create Your First TikTok Stitch
A TikTok Stitch is an excellent way to merge another creator’s video with your own. It is great for creating a follow-up commentary, answers to questions, or just presenting your version of another video. Whichever it is, the original creator won’t be left out.