Some of the interesting reasons users enjoy Snapchat’s engaging interface and other exciting features include mini-games, interactive maps and streaks, and chatting.
You may be spending hours on the app without realizing it. In short, you can easily get addicted to the fun.
This is why it’s crucial to manage your Snapchat notifications or completely turn them off, especially when you are occupied with important activities.
Whether you want to streamline your work schedule or reduce your screen time, disabling your Snapchat notifications is an excellent way to minimize prompts to open the app.
DON’T MISS: HOW TO STOP WHATSAPP FROM REDUCING PICTURE QUALITY (STATUS & DP)
In This Article
How to Disable Snapchat Notifications
Here’s a detailed guide on how to pause and disable Snapchat notifications on your mobile phone, either Android or IOS.
How to turn off Snapchat Notifications on Android
To disable/turn off Snapchat notifications on Android:
- Open Snapchat on your Android device.
- When the camera opens, click on your profile icon on the top left of the screen. A highlight of the story will appear if you have anything uploaded. If not, it’ll display your Bitmoji.
- Tap the gear icon in the top right corner to navigate to Settings.
- Scroll down to Notifications. Click on it to change how Snapchat delivers alerts on your Android phone.
- You can either disable all notifications or only the notifications that disturb you. Untick the Enable Notifications box to avoid all notifications and alerts from Snapchat. If you only want to avoid certain notifications, untick only those boxes.
These settings apply to all devices until you change them.
You can also go to Settings on your Android phone and click on Apps.
Then search for Snapchat and click on Notifications. Turn off the Show notifications option and all your Snapchat notifications will be disabled.
How to turn off Snapchat notifications on IOS
Snapchat’s interface on IOS devices like iPad and iPhone is slightly different. Still, it’s quite easy to turn off notifications on your iPhone, and can be done in a few simple steps. Here’s how:
- Click on the round icon at the top left corner of the screen. It will either show highlights or your Bitmoji, depending on if you have uploaded a story.
- On the top right, there’s a gear icon for Settings. Open it to access a new menu that allows you to customize the generic settings and enhance your experience on the app.
- Scroll around until you see Notifications and click on it. Slightly different from an Android device, there are toggle buttons instead of checkboxes.
- Snapchat for iPhone does not give you the luxury of disabling all notifications simultaneously. You will have to turn off each category of notifications individually.
- Click on the toggles to turn off all the notifications. If you’d like to avoid a specific alert, only turn off that category.
- The settings will apply across all your devices automatically. You will have to change them again if needed.
Another method of blocking all notifications from Snapchat on your iPhone or any other IOS device is by going to Settings on your phone. From there, select Notifications. Now scroll down to Snapchat and disable all notifications.
How to Use the Do Not Disturb/Silent Mode on Snapchat
There are times when a particular user in our Snapchat contact list gets irritating.
Unfortunately, you can’t block them because you don’t want to offend them or for some other reason. In such cases, we recommend putting such users on the Do Not Disturb mode.
Snapchat lets you mute notifications from one or more users in the app settings. They will continue sending you messages without knowing that you muted them.
Still, you should know that the user on mute is not blocked from watching your Snapchat stories. In case someone on Snapchat is harassing you, you should block them or report such users on Snapchat.
How to put a user on Silent mode:
- Tap and hold the person’s username from your chat until a new menu appears.
- Click on Chat Settings to open the different options to customize how your conversation appears to that user.
- Toggle off the Message Notifications tab to stop any incoming notifications from the user.
- You will receive all other alerts except the ones from this specific user. Snapchat lets you put one or as many users as you want on Do Not Disturb.
How to Turn Off Group Notifications on Snapchat
Snapchat gives you the luxury of group chats and video calls where you can add up to 63 users in a group.
With this many people in the group, chats can become quite active and notifications flood your phone.
If you want to take a break from a Snapchat group, try muting it. You won’t get any alert or notification related to that group from Snapchat, while all other settings and notifications won’t change.
To turn off a group notification on Snapchat, follow these steps:
- Long press the group to open the settings and details.
- Click on Chat Settings to customize your group alerts.
- Choose Message Notifications. This feature is on All Messages by default.
- Change the notification settings to Silent.
- These changes will be updated automatically to your account.
If you have muted some of your users, you should use the Friend Checkup feature in Snapchat to clean up your friends’ list.
Benefits of turning off Snapchat Notifications
There are several reasons for disabling notifications on Snapchat. And these reasons are related to different needs and requirements. Still, here are some reasons for muting Snapchat notifications.
Minimizing Your Screen Time
There are times when we want to put our phones aside and relax for a while. Reducing screen time will improve your mental health and motivate you for the day to come.
Preserving your battery
Snapchat usually consumes quite a lot of battery power of your device, mainly because of the camera and video features.
Notifications also consume battery, something you should avoid especially when you’re running low. In short, turning off notifications can help save some battery life.
We usually get distracted every time our phone beeps. Fortunately, when we have silent notifications, we’ll be able to focus better on other things like work or studying.
DON’T MISS: HOW TO CREATE AND USE AN AVATAR ON INSTAGRAM (SIMPLE STEPS)
Maintain Your Boundaries on Snapchat
Snapchat can be quite addictive when you start using it. And even with all the exciting features and regular updates, there are times when we just want a break to focus on other things.
If you think your screen time has increased since you’ve been using Snapchat, you can silence the app’s notifications for some contacts, groups, or the app completely.