Do you want to control PC games with an Android phone? Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to use your phone as a gamepad for PC and video games.
When you play video games with an efficient control system is always helpful in enhancing your gaming experience. You may have the traditional controls for PC gaming such as keyboard and mouse, but most games are enjoyed better when played with a gamepad.
Either your controller has a fault or you can’t afford one yet, don’t worry. In this guide, we’ll show you how to turn your Android phone into a gamepad.
DON’T MISS: HOW TO BOOST GAMING PERFORMANCE ON YOUR ANDROID PHONE
In This Article
Why you should use an Android phone as a gamepad
Using your Android smartphone as a controller for video games or on your desktop can enhance your gaming experience. Here are some of its advantages:
- It gives you touch control
- It also allows you to use sensors like gyroscope and accelerometer to enhance your control
- You can select between four pairing modes
- It gives you complete customization of controls
- It also saves money (Especially for those who can’t afford a controller yet)
How to Turn Your Android Phone Into a Gamepad
Before you can connect your phone and your PC, you have to install two apps. First, install PC Remote Receiver on your Windows computer and the app that goes with it, PC Remote, on your Android phone.
Both apps are free, but you can pay if you want to remove ads and unlock higher-quality streams, including other features.
Open the applications after installing them and ensure both devices are properly connected to the same Wi-Fi network. When you’re done, follow these steps on your Android phone:
Step 1: Tap the Connect option on the home screen. If your desktop and mobile are on the same network, your computer will appear in the Local PC section.
Step 2: Click on your PC name, and the two devices will connect.
In case you’re having trouble connecting via Wi-Fi, here are some other methods you can try.
Connect Using a USB Cable
- Open the app on both your devices and plug your phone into the PC via a USB cable.
- Open the app on your phone and tap on Connect.
- Tap on the USB icon, and it will ask you to enable USB tethering.
- Enable USB tethering from the phone’s setting and the connection will be successful.
Connect Using Bluetooth
- Turn on Bluetooth on your PC and your Android phone and open the apps on both devices.
- On the mobile app, click on the Connect button and select Bluetooth mode.
- Now, you can see the list of available devices on the phone. Click on your desktop name, and the phone will be ready to use as a gamepad.
Connect Using a QR Code
- Open the app on your computer and click on the Generate QR Code option on the home screen.
- Once the QR code is available on your screen, head to the mobile app and tap on the Connect option.
- In the pairing selection mode, click on Connect to PC, and launch the QR scanner on the app.
- Then scan the QR code, the phone and computer should now connect.
Choose a Controller Layout
After you’ve successfully connected your Android phone and PC, you’re ready to game.
Now go to the layouts section on the Android app and select a layout you prefer by tapping on the name of the game you’d like to play. After selecting it, open the game on your desktop.
In case there’s no layout for your game, simply select the Xbox360 controller layout instead, as it works for most gaming titles.
Also, you can customize your controller by clicking on the gamepad icons on the top left in the layout menu.
On the top right of the layout menu, there’s a + button that you can use to create a new portrait or landscape layout or import a custom layout from your phone’s storage.
DON’T MISS: HOW TO SET DIFFERENT NOTIFICATION SOUNDS FOR APPS ON ANDROID
Improve Your Gaming Experience by Using an Android Phone as a Gamepad
When you use your Android phone as a controller, you’ll be able to enjoy the tilt control on driving or racing games like Forza Horizon 5. To use your phone as a gamepad, you just have to install the applications on the two devices, then pair them using your favorite method.